Visit this award-winning people’s museum & gallery with exhibitions & displays covering the history & rich heritage of Alnwick & Northumberland.
Discover a permanent collection of artefacts, documents, photographs and audio visual content. Also, enjoy exhibitions which change throughout the year. Look out for events for the whole family.
Bailiffgate Museum & Gallery is an award-winning, independent family-friendly Accredited Museum with a permanent exhibition exploring 10,000 years of local history. Its Gallery hosts an exciting programme of art, textile and history-based exhibitions. Established in 2002, it is located in a Grade 2 listed former church in the medieval market town of Alnwick. It is a volunteer led and run charity, fully accessible and open 6 days a week including bank holidays.
We are open 10am to 4pm Tuesday to Sunday and Bank Holiday Mondays throughout the year except the Christmas period.
- Entry: Adults £4; Concessions £3; Children 5-16 £1; Under 5s free; Friends free.
- Dogs: One well behaved dog welcome
- Accessible: Building fully accessible
- Accessible Toilet: Yes
- Shop: Yes
- Hearing Loop: Yes
- Changing facilities for children: Yes
- Parking: Four-hour free parking on the road on Bailiffgate.
- Location: In the Castle Quarter of Alnwick near to the Bailiffgate entrance of Alnwick Castle; close to town car parks and bus station. Four miles away from Alnmouth (for Alnwick) Railway station.
- Website: bailiffgatemuseum.co.uk
- See us also on YouTube , FaceBook , Twitter & our Collections at bailiffgatecollections.co.uk
North west central Alnwick
An award-winning people’s museum & gallery with exhibitions & displays covering the history & rich heritage of Alnwick & Northumberland.