Main amenities for your holidays in Alnwick
Including tourist information centres, bus & train services, taxis, car hire & rental, Holy Island crossing times, church services, doctors, dentists, hospitals, vets, dog boarding, shops, markets, theatres and banks.
Tourist Information Centres
- Alnwick TIC – Tel: 01670 622152- Email
- Amble TIC – (Seasonal) Tel: 01665 712313
- Craster TIC – (Seasonal) Tel: 01665 576007
- Morpeth TIC – Tel: 01670 500700 – Email
- Nearest Train Station to Central Alnwick – Alnmouth (4 miles).
- Bus Services
Bus from Alnmouth railway station to Alnwick. Other bus services from Alnwick to Newcastle or Berwick are available in central Alnwick.
Arriva Buses run most services in our area.www.arrivabus.co.uk
- Airport – Newcastle International Airport NE13 8BZ. Tel. 0870 1221488 (40 minutes drive)
- See www.Traveline.org.uk for all UK travel info. (bus, coach, rail, air & ferry timetables)
- Stagecoach Buses
CAR HIRE or CAR RENTAL
- Nearest car hire : Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Ashington (Phone: 01670 501900)
Holy Island Safe Crossing times & Castle Opening Schedule
Church Services/Clergy Contacts –
- Anglican: Rev Paul Scott – 01665 602184
- Methodist: Rev Pauline Fellows – 01665 720349
- R.C.: P.P. Fr. Phil Carroll – 01665 602012
- U.R.C.: Joan Grindrod-Helmn – 01665 510364
- Baptist: David Archer – 01665 604252
- Quakers – 01830 520146 or 01668 282198
- Jehovah’s Witnesses: 01665 603176
See our full info. on Churches in Alnwick Region
- Bondgate Practice: Infirmary Close, Alnwick (Tel: 01665 510 888)
- The Consulting Rooms: Infirmary Drive, Alnwick (Tel: 01665 602 388)
- Alnwick Dental Surgery: Dr Alison Pass and Dr Paul Shenfine, 3 Bondgate Without, Alnwick (Tel: 01665 602 151)
- Bondgate Dental Practice: D H Miller, 41 Bondgate Within, Alnwick (Tel: 01665 603 509)
- S A Williamson and Associates: 15 Market Street, Alnwick (Tel: 01665 602 178)
- Alnwick Infirmary: South Road, Alnwick (Tel: 01665 602 661)
- Northumbria Veterinary Partnership: Belvedere Tce, Alnwick. Tel: 01665 602516
- Aln Veterinary Group: Wagonway Road, Alnwick Tel: 01665 510999
Dog Boarding Kennels
- Happy Hounds : Low Hocket Farm, Rennington, Alnwick, Northumberland NE66 3RN Tel: 01665 572425
- Woof Alnwick – Alnwick Tel: 07898 154371
- Briardene : Swarland, NE65 9JG – Tel: 07808150788
- Barking Mad : Hawkhill, Alnwick – Tel: 01665 575981
- Basey’s of Alnwick – Boarding Kennels & Catteries – Tel: 01665 579313
- Northumberland Canine Centre – Dog Training/Activity Holidays:
Ms Jacquie Hall, Lee Moor Arena, Alnwick
Tel: 01665 720763 Mob: 07813 912889 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Luggage Storage Service
- Sporting goods shop Scotts of Alnwick (scottsofalnwick.co.uk), on Bondgate Within in Alnwick town centre, has become a host for LeftIt, where travellers can leave their bags during holidays & breaks in Alnwick region.
All bookings for luggage storage must be made either online at www.leftit.co.uk or by calling our booking line on 0191 486 2505. All luggage storage booked with LeftIt is fully insured, we charge a rate of £5 per bag of luggage per 24 hours. Scotts of Alnwick cannot accept direct payment for luggage storage.
- Alnwick is a small town with an interesting collection of small shops in the town centre, including many cafés and restaurants. The town is well supplied with supermarkets;
Morrison’s near the town centre, Sainsbury’s, a Lidl’s and two Co-op Stores. The Market place plays host to two markets per week and a Farmers Market once per month.
- Eating Out – See our Eating Out page.
General Markets in Northumberland:
- Alnwick Playhouse: www.alnwickplayhouse.co.uk – an excellent local theatre and cinema, providing an excellent venue for the community.
- Barclays Bank Plc.: 20 Bondgate Within Alnwick NE66 1TF Open 9.30-4.30 M-F ATM
- Lloyds TSB : 24 Bondgate Within, Alnwick. NE66 1TQ. Tel. 08450 723333 – Cashpoint available.